Census 2011

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 2 15:38:56 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 11:23, Jonny Stutters wrote:
>> I'm not filling it in for too numerous reasons.
> If you'd like the government to have a hope in hell of effectively directing funds for education, health, social welfare etc to the right part of the country then fill in the census.

That is a false statement.
The census only needs to know how many people there are, where they
roughly are, and maybe how old they are. Anything more is not about
services at all. Each and every service supplied by the government (and
most is outsourced now anyway) is already managed based on need at the
point of supply. It would be utter lunacy to suddenly alter local or
even central management and funding based on a census, new or 10 years old.
Do local service managers not already report to gov. or council for
funding? I know they do.

An example: a School already knows how many pupils it has now, and it
knows by application how many pupils it will likely have next year.
It is known how many of them are special needs, where they are all
'caught' from and their sex. Need to know more?

You cannot plan for healthcare via a crap census. And believe me, all
surveys are crap, even if sticking to the utmost apex of intellectual
probabilities.
There are already studies and all the statistical data exists on who
has/had what illness where etc. So it's not for healthcare planning,
unless they ask the question "Do you think you might get ill soon?"

Knowing if your Jewish third uncle stayed over on the night of the
census tells nothing of use for providing services. It's probably an
attempt at some kind of political in-joke, but who's laughing?

> If you like some numbers with which to counter the next [people who aren't like us] are overrunning the country piece of bullshit in the Daily Mail then fill in the census.

Correct. The Daily Mail attempts to make mothers hate their children at
the best of times. Plus it keeps Esther Rantzen spewing out some more
old wives tales ;)

> If there's a shadowy conspiracy operating behind government it'll have a better way of doing evil than a once-every-ten-year bit of paperwork.

Which makes it a complete waste of energy.

Really. A census has become a tool to remind us all who is in charge.
Gov. already have all the information necessary, through birth/death
certification, National Insurance/Income Tax, benefits and Council Tax,
drivers license, TV license, Passport information, it goes on..
Even our bank accounts and internet habits are free reign for
departments of gov. Don't kid yourself that information is not passed on
from one gov. company to the next. The data protection act is way less
protection that simply not giving out the data to dubious companies in
the first place..
A plethora of information is already available.

What's the point repeating yourself, over and over, filling out 30-50
page forms for this and 30-50 page forms for that... Yawn.
It's mostly shite one can very safely ignore.
To stay sane, you _must_ ignore most of it..
You _must_ also not even engage the authorities unless it is necessary.
We, the people, are all programmed to self-incriminate by following
certain rules, not laws, yet the ruling classes are programmed to the
opposite effect and will never do this. That is why politicians seem to
get away with so much crooked sheeit, because it is very difficult to
prove something that is denied, yet easy to incriminate those that admit
(and submit) everything when asked.

Have I gone too far? ;)