Traktor Kontrol S4

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 23 18:38:18 CEST 2011

Op 22-6-2011 20:38, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> On Jun 22, 2011, at 2:24 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> Sometimes, I get these crazy periods and I look at this sort of thing.
>> At one point, DJ interfaces had my fancy.
>
> I always get these crazy periods.

Ha! :)

>> These things really do come 13 a dozen, and you can choose from cheap
>> and cheerful to bloody expensive. There's an open source DJ application,
>> similar to Traktor, that is supported by quite a few of these
>> controllers (or more accurately, the application supports the
>> controllers).
>
> what's cool with this guy is I believe they have it operating at a
> higher resolution (than midi) with traktor.

These guys:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2010/11/dj-midi-controllers-buyers-guide-2011/

are quite happy with the S4, scoring 5/5. The Denon DN-MC6000 scores
equally well, is a bit cheaper, but doesn't come with a full version of
Traktor.

Anyway, these things look like good fun, provided you have the time and
the talent, both of which I'm in short supply of. :)

- Peter