which tablet

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 12 15:55:36 CEST 2011

On Jun 12, 2011, at 15:41 , Paul Maddox wrote:

> Thanks for the info guys..
> I'm still unsure, but all the info helps.
>
> MIDI for me isn't something that appeals on either platform, but being
> able to upload pictures/audio to synth.net, my blog, facebook, etc is
> important. Basically I want it for the times I'm stuck in a
> train/hotel and need to keep in touch with friends and emails.
> I'll keep my MBP at home for development (care of CrossWorks compiler)
> so it'll get less bangs and scratches.
>
> Thanks for the tip on the Galaxy Tab 10inch, looks nice and most of
> all it has SIM slot for HSDPA/3G, however 600quid is too much IMHO.

For causal usage nothing beats an iPad. Super smooth scrolling, *very* nicely built. The Android tablets are a joke. Just yesterday when I was in the local MediaMarkt I tried a few of the newer ones... twice the thickness, clunky UI... the iPad is years ahead. The only reason i'd get an Android is if I were developing for it.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL