A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Nate King EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 13:30:29 CEST 2011

"Not 100% sure I see the full picture. A wireless controller (e.g. iPad)
certainly sounds like a convenient thing to have. Wireless connection to
the synths, however, is relatively pointless unless it also includes
audio streaming and the devices can run off batteries."

I think the point is to have a sort of "dock" connected to the network that
runs into a patch bay (or maybe the patch bay is the dock) that you can then
control the i/o of all your midi devices as well as send/receive midi from
all. And have management software to hold all the patch information.

the more i think about it - if you could integrate it into the daw (like the
software at ctrlr.org) you would have me totally convinced.