MIDI Sequencers

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 20 21:47:13 CET 2011

>>> http://cockos.com/
>
> failed, won't find any midi device in my audio/midi setup window.

Very, very weird.  What sort of gear do you have?  Do you have cables configured in A/M Setup?  Is the MIDI Monitor.app (I think you have this already) enumerating every MIDI device you've got in A/M Setup?

> I'm really rather disapointed so far.... and no, I'm not buying a new
> midi interface, it works find under windows and the old sysex utility
> I use for testing the updates on my modules works fine with my midi
> interface.

Yikes, you must have very oddball hardware.  On my system I have multiple MIDI devices (from class-compatible new-school USB-MIDI 2x2, to an old MOTU MTP, an MI4, and a bunch of midex3's) and REAPER has absolutely no problems seeing every single thing.  I've set up all cabling in A/M Setup, so that there are virtual devices for my master keyboard and each synth in my 19" rack, and REAPER just presents everything exactly as it should, no glitches whatever.

;
--
Jay Vaughan