Building a modular..

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 5 15:42:27 CET 2011

As those of you following on facebook/twitter already know, I came
into a slight bit of a financial windfall at the end of last year.  As
things are otherwise going very well, Ive decided that a chunk of it
is going into building a eurorack modular synth.

I already have most of what I want picked out as far as modules go,
but one area that seems to be a *major* budget suck is getting any
kind of sequencing in there.  The modules are big, and you need
several of them to build up a decent set of possibilities.

One idea to solve this problem would be to get a separate sequencer,
something along the lines of a Mobius or Revolver that can also act as
a MIDI/CV converter (so I could sequence from the PC if I wished as
well).  This would be dedicated to the modular, but I could press it
into other uses if I wanted.

Off the top of my head, those are the only MIDI/CV sequencers I know
of Any other suggestions?  Anyone else have alternative ways of
tackling this?

Tony