Politics: Yikes, UK. Wtf?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 3 23:30:23 CET 2011

On 03/01/2011 16:10, K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
> if we are being bombarded by ads for unhealthy food that are said to influence our unconscious buying decisions, we might as well use the same tools to remind everyone to live a more sustainable lifestyle. is that really so bad?
> of course it sounds manipulative when a government does this. but....

But government is not meant to be there to tell us how to live our
lives. It is there to make sure we CAN live our lives, free from
tyranny, slavery and deprivation. We can make up our own minds, duh.

How can we have a smaller government AND a bigger society, yet get taxed
MORE for the privilege of doing MORE work for it? (voluntary as well as
charity, in the form of charity creation. We all know most charity
workers get paid a lot less than 'real' wages, or nothing at all)

I call a con, because it is a con.

Having had first and second hand experience of how government steers
companies and charities and delivers terrible default advice for startup
businesses for the naive (so they, or society *cough* effectively own or
have unhealthy leverage on the business) I have no faith what-so-ever
that there are any good intentions behind this, other than to secure
lots of much cheaper solutions for the work of government, yet still not
reduce the tax burden on the population. These middle-management who
have gotten their grubby paws on the purse strings to funding for
charities, both from direct gov. coffers and the big lottery (note BIG
Lottery, BIG society) really do pledge money to charities, then refuse
to pay it when they have the job done, or ask for great chunks of work
to get the funds in the first place to be repeated, ad. infinitum till
it's not worth the time and effort any more. I have seen this, and more
despicable treatment, like refusing funding unless X is done which will
incur losses to the charity etc.)

The Big Lie, more like ;)