Politics: Yikes, UK. Wtf?

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 3 17:10:46 CET 2011

On 03.01.2011, at 15:09, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Any government with a "Behavioural Insight Team" ought to be feared.

it sounds very shady, paraphrased like that. but using something called "nudging" to get people to eat more healthy or to pay their taxes on time seems like something the advertising world is very successfully doing since about 200 years.

if we are being bombarded by ads for unhealthy food that are said to influence our unconscious buying decisions, we might as well use the same tools to remind everyone to live a more sustainable lifestyle. is that really so bad?

of course it sounds manipulative when a government does this. but....

Kai