MIDI Sequencers

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 3 12:13:04 CET 2011

> Alas, " you can connect a MIDI device to GarageBand and play
> GarageBand's instruments with it, but you can't have GarageBand
> transmit data back to the MIDI "
> What I'm trying to do is get MIDI files, edit them into monophonic
> parts, and use them to demo my synth projects.
> So, MIDI "out" is key.

Oh, d'oh!  Did not know that!  What a load of bollocks! :)

> That looks the ticket, though right now $150 is a LOT of money...
> That said, I believe I fall into the "discount" pricing.

I bought it, its hell worth it - of course its a lot more DAW than you probably need, but hey .. the discount pricing makes sense and is worth it, in my opinion.  The updates are awesome and the rate of improvement of this DAW astounds me on a regular basis.  Plus, the new theming engine is going to kick ass.

But, yeah, it may be more than you need just for basic MIDI I/O .. nevertheless, worth investigating in case you feel like it might one day be suitable for more-than-MIDI tasks.

> it looks good, though one thing I want to avoid is stepsequencers.
> I'll have a look and down a trial version.
>
>> You could also try Intuem, I had a lot of fun with that a year or so ago and it has matured immensely since then:
>>
>> http://www.intuem.com/main/index.html
>
> I got to say that looks really good, seems to do everything I want and
> a bunch more (the scoring would be a welcome feature).
>
> Thanks, a lot to look at.

Let us know how you get on!  Intuem is really sexy, if you get into it some more I'd really like to know about your experiences ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan