Synth.Net

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 3 19:39:31 CET 2011

Tom,

> Sounds cool, I'll have a look tonight.
> But is there a need for yet another synth site? What is going to make
> this site special?

well, I hope the people will make it special.
It's more than just a forum, or synth info site, it's more like a
facebook style site.

> What I'd like to see though is a site where you can follow up on all the
> new PCB's and new modules made by DIY'ers. Sometimes you read on a forum
> that a batch of PCB's are available, like 3 months ago.

With this, you can follow groups, for example I've set up a "VacoLoco"
group, you should be able to follow it, and when someone posts to it,
you'll get an email telling you. Current forums you have to subscribe
to a thread, but with the groups part you don't need to.

You can also integrate facebook, twitter and many other apps/sites
with your account when you login, it's not a complete "aggregation"
site, but it's getting there.

Paul