Lemur, iPad

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 12 20:03:08 CET 2011

Andrew,barians ,
seeing all those ipad apps( lemur, kaospad,hexler etc etc ), , start to
make me want a ipad to control  logic and other daw ...
but I have a question ...
How does it go with the touch precision compared to  ie let say mackie
controller? and about latency ? ( does the ipad freeze sometimes ?
re-synchronizing ..? )
Is it really safe in wifi, ?
When i checked on youtube the videos  i m doubting a bit this is why I m
asking.
I wonder is it worth to buy a ipad for 480euro instead of a mackie
controller ...
Imo for the price it' s quite obvious the ipad is way more polyvalent ...
but for music efficiency  point of view, maybe a mackie controller is just
the right tool  ... ( but maybe over dated in few month replace by ipad ?
:)

Thank you in advance,
I wish you all  a nice day

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com>wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> >
> > I've gotten good results from using the camera connection kit (USB
> adapter) and a USB-MIDI class-compliant cable, and superlative results
> using the iRig MIDI from IKMultimedia:
> >
> > http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigmidi/features/
> >
> > I prefer the iRig MIDI adapter for jamming though, because I can charge
> the iPad while using it at the same time - can't do that with
> CCKit+USBMidiCable.
>
> It's annoying all the different devices all have their +'s or -'s. There
> is no one device that does all - though the Alesis is close.
>
> I ran Mu (ableton live interface) in Lemur and I have to say it's pretty
> nice right out of the box. I have not used Touchable in a while and when I
> tried it previously I was not crazy about it - but I immediately took to
> Lemur and started making stuff. If your someone who uses a lot of Live
> devices and instruments they did a really nice job of programing most of
> the interfaces into Mu - I was able to program some synth sounds right from
> the iPad. I need to jump back to Touchable to see if it's better than I
> remember but right now Lemur is the first app that I would always want
> hooked up to live when I am working. - it makes me want a 24" iPad :)

Romain