Lemur, iPad

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 10 21:54:27 CET 2011

On Dec 8, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

> I've gotten good results from using the camera connection kit (USB adapter) and a USB-MIDI class-compliant cable, and superlative results using the iRig MIDI from IKMultimedia:
>
> http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigmidi/features/
>
> I prefer the iRig MIDI adapter for jamming though, because I can charge the iPad while using it at the same time - can't do that with CCKit+USBMidiCable.

It's annoying all the different devices all have their +'s or -'s. There is no one device that does all - though the Alesis is close.

I ran Mu (ableton live interface) in Lemur and I have to say it's pretty nice right out of the box. I have not used Touchable in a while and when I tried it previously I was not crazy about it - but I immediately took to Lemur and started making stuff. If your someone who uses a lot of Live devices and instruments they did a really nice job of programing most of the interfaces into Mu - I was able to program some synth sounds right from the iPad. I need to jump back to Touchable to see if it's better than I remember but right now Lemur is the first app that I would always want hooked up to live when I am working. - it makes me want a 24" iPad :)