Android latency sucks

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 8 08:55:30 CET 2011

> I dont think so.  Ive got a few apps that feel very immediate when I
> play them.  I also have a few that have awful latency (all free apps,
> I should mention).  This would make me think the problem is the
> Developer and not the OS.

No, audio really does suck on Android.  Each phone has widely different latencies, about the lowest latency experience you can find is ~100ms, and .. yeah.  Audio really does suck on Android.

If you've got some examples of audio-generating (not just playback) apps that don't feel latent, please tell me and I will investigate further. I've been doing a lot of work in this department lately.

;
--
Jay Vaughan