subnotebook/netbook w/ linux 4 electronic music?

Jon Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 26 16:48:03 CEST 2011

On 26 Aug 2011, at 15:10, Joost Schuttelaar wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2011, at 15:49 , Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:
>
>> No matter if I use SC or roll my own flavor of modular synth environment, the question of "how to I turn that into something that has a keyboard and a on/off switch" stays valid somehow.
>>
>> You mention the ardiuino and it's precisely what was the fun factor of the pocket piano (and now my midivox, and the pieces of soon-to-be shruti-1). You plug it, press something and boom, audio.
>
> Funny thread :) I'm thinking about exactly the same thing... perhaps with this board?
>
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-d410pt.html
>
> And just got something to read...

Hurrah!  Everyone's getting on the SuperCollider train :).  Couple of things:
1) Dan Stowell uses one of the older Asus eee netbooks for his live performances which include synthesis and processing of live inputs, hardware based on the newer Atoms would obviously be better.

2) With regards to boot time - maybe think less about that and more about the time to wake from hibernating to SSD?

Jonny