subnotebook/netbook w/ linux 4 electronic music?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 26 13:05:58 CEST 2011

> Or, I should add, that I'm so impressed with the way the VM is implemented in SC that I've not been tempted to consider going back. The overhead is astonishingly low, but more memory is required. Mostly the CPU is rendering audio.

Netbooks have poor cache performance.  Supercollider and puredata and so on, are cache-heavy apps by nature.. I wouldn't be buying anything but the most seriously high-powered, loaded, netbook CPU if the main purpose was to run sc/pD ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan