Guess what?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 26 12:40:47 CEST 2011

On 25/08/2011 23:23, Mikael Hansson wrote:
> Ryanair don't want to pay anything! Not so unexpected...
>
> I'm thinking about the next step and wether I should contact Ryanair
> again with the letter below, or just move on to the National Enforcement
> Body for complaints regarding this.
>
> If you were to send this letter, would you mention the "subtle"
> persuasions at the bottom?

Do not threaten them.

Sad to hear they are resisting you rightful claim, but it is all too
common practise these days; say one thing is your right on paper, do
another in reality, or make it impossibly complex or drawn out till
people give up. It is the mainstay of most government department and
sub-contractors operations! Hehe. (but really, no laughing matter)

Any technical or safety problems, as you know, do not excuse Ryan Air
from the compensation claim. I presume you have looked up the
compensation scale, as you have the figure of 600e or whatever, for over
4 hours delay.

Unless they can prove (or invent) that it was extraordinary
circumstances beyond a simple malfunction or general maintenance, you
are in honour with your claim. Point them to their own website!

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-happens-if-my-flight-is-cancelled-by-ryanair

Looking at Ryan Air's own website, you should have received a written
notice of your right to claim compensation, which would/should have
outlined the steps, or process, you needed to take (claim form or
whatever).
If you do not follow their 'paper trail' it's like water off a ducks
back. Of course, Ryan Air may not have done this and count on passengers
ignorance to avoid entire flights claiming compensation.

It should be just a matter of procedure, but alas, many companies
modify/update policy to push out what is effectively unlawful rules to
their staff.

A lot of companies are niggly bastards when it comes to compensation,
some are respectful and will pay out without fuss via remittance note.
If it becomes untenable to pursue, your duty is to make others aware,
though perhaps not too publicly for your own protection, and never use
that company again. It's the only real power 'we' have left ;)