London/UK violence

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Aug 10 05:12:34 CEST 2011

On 09.08.2011, at 19:38, Peter Korsten wrote:

Well said and good points, Peter!

> So why, you may ask, aren't there major riots in the USA every day of
> the week? Well, that's a good question. Private gun ownership might have
> something to do with it, and let's face it, certain areas are best
> avoided at all costs. (South Central, Watts, Compton, Texas.)

I was discussing exactly this question after we walked around New York today with my girlfriend and our landlord here.

She (the landlord) told us that amazingly people slowed down and became friendly in New York after 9/11.

This pointed us to the idea that having an outside enemy  and cultivating that animosity the best you can, gives you a bonding on the inside that may be able to postpone riots like the ones in the UK.

and please don't write me off as someone blaming the riots on stupid multinational corporations. I feel it's much more complicated than that...;)

Kai