Processing Audio into Images/Video

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 5 15:05:32 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Jonny Stutters <jstutters at jeremah.co.uk> wrote:

> You could do your processing with Processing (www.processing.org).  The minim library (which is included with the standard install) will give you FFT data and beat tracking on live or recorded audio to translate into a visual however you like.  Processing is Java under the hood which may or may not be an issue.  Might be worth considering as alternative to the visual patching metaphor.
>
> Fluxus (http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/) also springs to mind if you've got a burning desire to learn Scheme.

I downloaded processing last night and it is pretty cool and easy to
get basic results with.  I need to brush up on my DSP programming (a
hurdle I have always managed to avoid jumping) but it looks like a
nice place to start.  And Java is no problem.

VVVV looks pretty interesting as well, and Ill have to check out
Fluxus.  I don't know Scheme, but it cant hurt to try and learn.

Tony