Processing Audio into Images/Video

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 4 20:33:55 CEST 2011

On 04.08.2011 8:08, Tony Scharf wrote:
> I am looking for some way to take audio and turn it into some kind of
> video or still images.  I know that is a very open-ended goal, but
> what is out there?  I really know zero about video and what kind of
> stuff is out there.   Would something like Max be good for this?  I'd
> prefer something cheaper or free, obviously.

Max is good for this kind of work, but it's really a very general
purpose toolkit - it's essentially a software development environment
with a data-flow approach and a strong signal and logic processing
library. If you want something quick, this is not the tool for you.

Look at PureData (PD) as a free alternative to Max. If PD doesn't work
for you, Max most likely won't either.

What exactly do you want to achieve? Would it make sense to find a
collaborator instead of doing it yourself? Video is just as involved as
music.

Martin