I think I shall make a new instrument

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 12 14:25:39 CEST 2010

On 12/09/2010 12:00, Romain / rXg wrote:
> not super easy to play but i supposed that I was playing with one not
> really tuned ...

It is generally tuned to 'the black keys' on a piano, I think.
Pentatonic scale for open strings.
The dots down the side correspond to fractional divisions of string
length (1/2, 1/4, 1/5 etc.) which match harmonic points along the
strings. So you can play both using harmonics and held or slide notes.
There are over 1,000 named techniques just to play a note.
I sense 5000+ years of battling idiosyncrasies amid a hint of pompous
snobbery. Should be the perfect instrument for me ;)

As it's fretless, maybe you were out of tune that day? :)