Komplete bullsh*t

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 3 20:58:48 CEST 2010

On Sep 3, 2010, at 9:27 AM, James R. Coplin wrote:

> I think the updates are really lame.  The only thing "added" are really
> sound packs.  The pianos are basically what was in Akoustic and are
> available in the Kontakt library after they dropped it, the EPs also were in
> Elektrik and then in Kontakt.  Same with the organs.  I think they are
> desperately trying to add more product to their line since they have
> apparently realized that discontinuing product and rolling it in to Kontakt,
> while making the Kontakt library impressive, hurt their revenue stream.  I
> think they have gone too far the other way.  I'll pay for a core set of
> applications but I never purchase these little side libraries and
> instruments.

yea they have been going this way ever since kore, they seem to want to turn their stuff into a computer based "workstation." I think this works for the gigging keyboard player or person making tracks for pay with short turnarounds, but for me at least it just makes for a complicated mess. Yes you can still get as deep as you want with individual instrument but I feel like Komplete is a needy girlfriend that requires to much thinking and managing to feel like bothering with sometimes :)