Fall sauerkruat

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 24 01:07:12 CEST 2010

> Just pulled about 50 pounds of sauerkraut out of the fermenter.  Amazing.

Wow, I'd love to know your recipe, and whether the fermenter is DIY?  I absolutely crave sauerkraut these days ...

> This is my first attempt although I do pickle and preserve other things and
> I have to say it is well worth it.  Can't wait to have it stewed with pork
> ribs!

I have a few jars of pickling things already under way, from our garden, and a few garlands of not-yet-ripe tomatoes in from the frost, which are headed for some preservation themselves .. plus, we have had absolutely tons of cucumbers this year, and a basket + a bushels worth of cukes in, also, from the frost .. trying to work out what to do with them that would make sense ..

Love pickling!

;
--
Jay Vaughan