Hang

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 22 20:18:54 CET 2010

On 22.11.2010, at 19:32, Peter Korsten wrote:

> This whole obsession of trying to control something that they've *sold*
> is something that really turns me off of the hang, which, when it comes
> down to it, is just a fancy steel drum.

Hm, I thought it was quite over the top to tell people what they should or shouldn't do with the Hang in a musical sense. But making a contract where they have the right to buy it back from you in case you want to get rid of it, instead of grossly inflating used Hang prices on ebay -- I think that is a good and very anti-capitalist thing to do.

They say they can only make so many, demand is way higher, but they don't want a black market or raise the price.

I think that's reasonable.

Controlling what and where people play it is a classic case of what buddhists call "attachment" and work hard to get rid off.

Kai