DSLRs...

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 11 01:20:20 CET 2010

On 10/11/2010 13:42, Chris Strellis wrote:
> ..well another common factor for us 'barians seems to be photography :)

As most have already responded...
I looked at the prices of some of those cameras, then looked at my
wallet, looked at the cameras again, logged into my online banking
account, looked at the cameras again, then swore for a few hours whilst
wondering how in the hell can it be so expensive for what amounts to a
machined lens or few and some cheap to make digital and smt parts...

But I digress ;)

I had vague ambitions to take long exposure shots of the night sky, 'cos
at this time of year, a brisk clear night sky is like a sea of diamonds.
But I more had in mind a Canon camera of about 10Mp that can have its
firmware modified with incredibly long exposures and RAW images as well
as modded ISO etc.
Instead of over £1000, let's say more like £30-40 second hand.
Of course, I wouldn't expect incredible results, but decent ones ;)

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK