Piccies of 10 string Kantele

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 20 22:13:30 CEST 2010

The Dong wrote:
> I shall study and take into consideration, if not for this instrument,
> probably for a future electro-acoustic any-instrument. I was toying with
> the idea of integrating a piezo into a flute, with a lightweight, stereo
> cable feeding both power and signal to a box or pedal with all the
> required circuitry and battery, as you can't shove much on the body of a
> flute without it getting in the way or too cumbersome. It would not
> sound like an acoustic flute, due to some loss of wind noise.
> Might be shite ;)

You can take a pair of tin-snips and chop the f***ers up. They still work, even
in fragments; the active bits are those that aren't shattered ;) Perhaps a
high-rpm modelling saw or something.... The signal voltage stays the same, the
capacitance is the only thing that gets reduced :) You can put a FET preamp
nearby or something ;)

Tony (HB)