Piccies of 10 string Kantele

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 20 19:32:12 CEST 2010

Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
> Here's one I prepared earlier:

I shall study and take into consideration, if not for this instrument,
probably for a future electro-acoustic any-instrument. I was toying with
the idea of integrating a piezo into a flute, with a lightweight, stereo
cable feeding both power and signal to a box or pedal with all the
required circuitry and battery, as you can't shove much on the body of a
flute without it getting in the way or too cumbersome. It would not
sound like an acoustic flute, due to some loss of wind noise.
Might be shite ;)

> The socket is the most common switched-type:

These look good, for the price (for strap ons):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200461228355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

>> It's nice,  but I just know the 15 string, or larger concert Kantele
>> would have been a better project ;)
>
> Wow... that would be incredible :)

I have the plans too, this site does its best to popularise, or sex up,
the Kantele:

http://www.koistinenkantele.fi/eng/etusivu/index.php

The biggest ones there are concert types. Much more complex, with
sharpening levers like a modern harp. These look very well made.

> The kantele, OTOH, sounds fresh, unusual and maybe noone stuck piezos on it b4 ;)

They have, but most makers stick to either fully acoustic or fully
electric versions.