UK members: The Digital Economy Bill - PLEASE take action!

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 18 16:50:47 CET 2010

Dave S wrote:
> This is for the attention of those of us in the UK.

I have no illusions about the big music and film industries _already_
having detailed data on all of us (IP Data, which torrent etc) who have
ever used certain websites, just waiting to pounce. At first, this 3
strike then you're out poo will run with a handful of infringer's being
targeted, but come the revised version, it will be a money pit of
mandatory spot fines that are difficult to contest.

You mark my words ;)

For example.
The Pirate Bay servers were stolen by the police and you can bet they
mirrored all the data on them. Same for any other seized or investigated
servers (I know Demonoid is under similar attack)
It doesn't take an IQ of much higher than 40 to realise that if all our
data held by government can leak several times a year, then so can this
'evidence' be leaked very easily. Probably for a nice sum for someone.

Not paranoid.
Realistic ;)