Using Live...well...live

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 30 22:06:28 CEST 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Jonny Stutters wrote:

> On 30 June 2010 19:00, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a quick question for those who use Live on stage:
>>
>> How do you manage song changes?  Do you have one master set you load
>> at the start of your set, or do you load as you go?
>
> I used to load a song at a time and do breakdowns on the machinedrum
> (UW, so it can make interesting sounds unattended for 30 seconds or so
> with the RAM machines) or the micromodular while I was loading the
> next project.  The problem with that is that you need to lug along
> hardware.
>
> I considered the "whole gig in one huge project" approach but was put
> off by the hassle of putting everything together and then the
> subsequent hassle every time I changed the set-list (this'd be less of
> an issue if you're planning on doing the same set a few times in a
> row).

Yea I think some people just have everything in one project, but they may take the time to condense all the individual parts of songs to somewhat simpler clips, bounce down synths/effects(but still give yourself control of parameters when you need it) etc... But yea this take time.

Tony if you take a look at some of these free Live packs you can see examples of live version of songs:
http://www.ableton.com/able10-artist-packs