Using Live...well...live

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 30 21:23:30 CEST 2010

On 30 June 2010 19:00, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a quick question for those who use Live on stage:
>
> How do you manage song changes?  Do you have one master set you load
> at the start of your set, or do you load as you go?

I used to load a song at a time and do breakdowns on the machinedrum
(UW, so it can make interesting sounds unattended for 30 seconds or so
with the RAM machines) or the micromodular while I was loading the
next project.  The problem with that is that you need to lug along
hardware.

I considered the "whole gig in one huge project" approach but was put
off by the hassle of putting everything together and then the
subsequent hassle every time I changed the set-list (this'd be less of
an issue if you're planning on doing the same set a few times in a
row).

Jonny