EOS Rebel T2i lenses

Jonny Stutters EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 13 00:40:49 CEST 2010

On 12 July 2010 23:25, Andrew Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2010, at 5:59 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:
>> True! Also 1 point from me for the 28 / 1.8. An excellent lense!
>> If you've got 2 bodies, take one with the 28 and one with the 50.
>> You'll never look back ;-)
>
> Is the body you put the 28 on non-full frame? if so, wondering your thoughts on how the cropping affects you in normal use?
>
> James brought up this point earlier, the T2i is 1.6x crop so a 50mm on it would really be an 80mm, I don't think I am too concerned about it, but now that I'm starting to get into this stuff more it's something for me to consider.

I factored in the crop when I got the 28mm.  For my only lens, given
that I lean more towards landscapes than portraits (in terms of
content rather than orientation), the 50mm would have been too tight
on the 350d which has a 1.6x crop.  If you want to fill the frame with
face sized objects without getting too close as your main thing then
50mm with the crop multiplication might well work for you.  Otherwise
I'd go for something a bit wider.

Jonny