EOS Rebel T2i lenses

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 13 00:25:12 CEST 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 5:59 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:

> Op 12-7-2010 11:54, Jonny Stutters schreef:
>> On 12 July 2010 10:31, S. Brodsky<samuel.brodsky at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Sounds just like my experiences too.
>>>
>>> Lately I have been using the 50 mm 1.4 more and more. On my recent trip
>>> to Hungary, I only had 5D and 50 mm 1.4 with me and I didn't miss my
>>> zooms at all. Produced great photos. It has been also my favorite lens
>>> for wedding photography, especially for low light candid photos.
>>
>> And another in the ~50mm prime lens camp.  My only lens is a 28mm
>> f/1.8 (aim was for something slightly wide of normal with the crop
>> factor on the EOS450).  It's a bit awkward for portraits because you
>> really have to get up close to fill the frame but I don't find it
>> particularly limiting for anything else.  Very discrete and easy to
>> carry around which is important to me.  At some point I might pick up
>> a 100mm macro for close-ups and portraits and I think that'll be
>> enough (unlike music, my photography GAS is pretty well controlled).
>
> True! Also 1 point from me for the 28 / 1.8. An excellent lense!
> If you've got 2 bodies, take one with the 28 and one with the 50.
> You'll never look back ;-)

Is the body you put the 28 on non-full frame? if so, wondering your thoughts on how the cropping affects you in normal use?

James brought up this point earlier, the T2i is 1.6x crop so a 50mm on it would really be an 80mm, I don't think I am too concerned about it, but now that I'm starting to get into this stuff more it's something for me to consider.