iPad and noise.io

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 28 15:23:22 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Jonny Stutters <jstutters at jeremah.co.uk> wrote:

> On a semi-related note - does anyone know what happens in an
> application expecting a mouse is running under Windows 7 and multiple
> touches are used?  Does the application receive several nearly
> simultaneous click events with the apparent cursor position being
> under each finger or something else?  I ask because there are a lot of
> existing applications that I can imagine being quite nice with
> multitouch (such as FL Studio) but which don't have support for it at
> the moment.

Without knowing the exact answer, I'd guess that windows can tell a
multitouch app from a standard mouse app and does some kind of cuing
of the clicks (as you suggest).

As multitouch becomes more dominant, these programs will all start
supporting it.  In fact, I'd bet that will be part of the next big
wave of software marketing hype "FULL MULTI-TOUCH SUPPORT!!"

Tony