"We have always been at war with WikiLeaks."

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 16 18:16:38 CET 2010

On 16.12.2010, at 18:05, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Op 16-12-2010 14:24, The Dong schreef:
>
>> Somehow, I think this will all end very badly.
>
> Personally, I think that Julian Assange and the whole WikiLeaks team are
> a bunch of wankers. Fine, they show us all the secrets of the US
> government (and a few others), but what's their agenda? That question
> remains strangely unasked, let alone answered.

Just ask the question and it will be answered:

<http://www.thecommentfactory.com/exclusive-the-wikileaks-manifesto-by-julian-assange-3342/>

It is out there. Why everyone chooses to ignore it I don't know. But saying that JA's agenda is unknown is not the truth.

> Publishing the documents about the Iraq war, that I can see the point
> of. More transparency there won't hurt anyone, despite claims to the
> contrary. But publishing memos that by their nature should remain
> confidential? What's next, pillow talk between Barack and Michelle Obama?

I think that's quite a wrong comparison. "by their nature"? who judges about their nature? and many of the things in those memos are interesting if you want to understand the hidden agenda of American policy. I think they are quite useful to the world to uncover the bullshit that is going on, disguised as "diplomacy".

In fact I think we need more of these leaks. Also Openleaks, the new platform founded by disgruntled ex-wikileakers should be a great addition to this club.

A state has no privacy. We citizens, on the other hand do. so keep those leaks coming. And let's all start using encryption.

Kai