Messy Sh**

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 27 17:36:21 CEST 2010

I just listened to some of your tracks and I'd say they are... different..

sometimes it sounds like your bassist isn't receiving proper MIDI clock, drifting in and out of sync. I heard the term "russian dragons" used for this style of bass playing (because of the alternating rushing and dragging...).

The bass is mixed very loud, that's why it's so obvious, too.

Also I must say that I am not a big fan of pick-bass sounds. I prefer fingers and like the Jazz-bass sound.

I think there are definitely some nice parts and feel like sometimes you could do less and in doing so. let the atmosphere of the tracks (that is most often certainly in there) breathe a bit.

I like the wah-guitar, but feel like that should be a "solo" part, something where the whole track works toward, builds up to. Like this I must admit that I found it tiring after a while.

Please don't feel offended. I think we are going towards a culture of honest criticism here, which is extremely valuable!

best,
Kai