Music from last week's gig

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 21 21:45:46 CEST 2010

On Apr 21, 2010, at 20:53 , Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:

> Jonny Stutters wrote:
>> The things I'd like to add are an arpeggiator to get some notes at
>> faster than step rate and mix level effects (compression, reverb,
>> filter, bitcrush/sample rate reduction).  The second one's easy enough
>> but I'm not sure how to do the interface for the arpeggiator at the
>> moment.
>
> Yup - I particularly liked the abstract stuff around 16',

16:11 ;-)
As you might imagine, Tony,  my perception of abstract is slightly different ;-)
But yeah, thats what tried to point out (I always fail when I try to put a sonic impression into words) ...

> and thought, hey, I'd
> just chuck a ton of reverb on that, just that, just there, but thought, hmmm - I
> bet the setup is the only reason that isn't happening :)

hm ... Tony, did you get rid of your recentiments against reverb?  :-)
(I'm just teasing you)

> It's kinda fun hearing the music evolve as it does - not that it couldn't get
> better, but, in that respect, the essential element that makes it different is
> already there.

I like this kinda progression in steps (e.g. from 17: 47 on)

Analysing it gives some idea of Jonny's needs setup-wise.
BTW, Jonny - what did your CPU-meter(s) say?

   m.

--
keep your ears open: http://blauwurf.at