happy birthdays(s)

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 14 08:07:00 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 01:10 +0100, Dave S wrote:
> Thanks everyone! I finally hit the big 3-0 and can't really believe it! :-)

Congratulations on surviving your 20's!

> Yet I still frequently get ID-ed when buying beer and wine with my
> weekly food shop, although not so often when I have my daughter with
> me!

Thats life living in a country where they ID you for the most mundane
things ..  :)

> For what it's worth, it's taken me until this evening (Tuesday) to
> feel anywhere near properly recovered from my party on Saturday night
> - which was only a small one really. I certainly can't "have it large"
> like I used to without paying the price.

Phew, I remember when it used to take me 3 days to recover from a 'small
party' .. I think my turning point for "thats it, no more of this
nonsense" was in Frome .. just not easy keeping up with the youngsters!

I'm lucky I can survive _a_ beer these days, at ripe ol' 40!

> I may have reached a turning point though - having it small(er) seems
> quite a lot more appealing these days, and for the most part I'm quite
> glad to do that.

I'm enjoying getting up early on Sunday mornings and taking my son for a
walk to witness Spring time .. oh, and getting into bed at 10pm is also
rather a treat.

> Does that mean I've reached maturity or something? I sincerely hope not!

You're always the same age on music-bar, Dave .. keep on rolling!

--

;