I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 8 15:01:09 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> It's definitely worth taking a closer look into the Windows developer
> eco-system again. It has improved vastly since the 90's, particularly
> with things like .net and WPF and the associated tools (e.g. Visual
> Studio for coding and Expression for the UI design).
>
> As a developer, I am also glad that I can rely on the APIs being
> stable. Where MS introduces new features and concepts (e.g. WPF,
> managed code etc.) there is always a bridge to the old world that is
> not overly painful to cross when needed (right now I'm doing DirectX
> 10.1 development in a managed environment - it wasn't designed for
> that, but it works nicely...). Other vendors (let them be unnamed...)
> have developed a reputation of breaking thing even between minor OS
> releases - I'd rather not go there as a developer...
>
> Martin

Again, I want to echo Martin.  Things have improved a lot, and I actually
*enjoy* working with my Windows 7 desktop at work.  Everything pretty much
just *works*, and I dont find myself chasing down weird behaviors near as
much as I used to.

I want to get windows 7 at home, but I dont want to disrupt my primary music
machine in the middle of recording two projects for release.

Tony