I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 7 20:09:58 CEST 2010

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> I am eying the HP Slate.  It might be something I ask for next xmas.
>
> Its going to be interesting how non-Apple operating-systems deal with
> multi-touch.  Is it just multiple-mouses?  Is it something else
> entirely?  Can you rely on the OS to tell you what a pinch move is,
> etc?  Its like the WIMP days all over again ..

I can appreciate Apple, cos it's much easier to appreciate from a distance
(running a decent OS on my MB, here, of course...)

What I find kinda funny, is that there is an *integration* aspect that simply
providing drivers for an OS, adding gesture recognition, etc, will not address.

Most of us on the bar won't get anywhere near to understanding, cos we're just
too damn technically literate, so the difference is much less marked, than say,
someone who thinks GPL is a burger from a russian version of MacDonalds :)

Still, I'm just having a day thinking the i... whatever it's called... is
amazingly cool.

Any initial opinions from someone actually using one, would be appreciated (Wifi
bugs not interesting - I mean the overall feel etc).

Tony (HB)