I promise I'll get rid of the sig

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 7 20:32:10 CEST 2010

Andrew Tarpinian wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Ron West wrote:
>
>>> Any initial opinions from someone actually using one, would be
>>> appreciated
>> that would be me. i think the laptop will be all but dead in a few
>> years. as processors get faster this thing is going to be a huge game
>> changer.
>
> but... in a few years what type of os do you think it will be running?
> a lot of peoples fears are the simplified mobile os will take over the
> more complex desktop os for a majority of users. The negatives I see
> with that is hardware and software for us content creators will rise
> in cost since the market for those things will shrink.

Good question. IMO, your question can be simplified by the exclusion of Windows.

I wonder, if there really is a good answer that will evolve from Android and or
the various other flavours of Linux (reluctantly, I'm counting out Symbian, too,
after a while).

Part of the problem is that the answer needs to come from a large organisation,
and existing large organisations are simply nowhere near as innovative as Apple,
at the present time. They are actually, completely unaware of why Apple is
successful, let alone capable of duplicating or exceeding their success.

But, yeah. Computing is changing.

Way cool.

Tony (HB)