Marketing

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 2 17:16:11 CEST 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 17:09 , Mikael Hansson wrote:

> I've been having a conversation with one of the guys in Electro
> Spectre.
> One of the topics have been about they going the CDBaby.com-way and
> skipping a record company.
>
> In that regard, the question of marketing came up. How would you do it
> if you don't have a record company to back you up? Anyone know of any
> good alternatives?

Put the music up everywhere, all the Torrent sites mainly. Make the
decision if the current album is 100% promotion or 100% retail.

Get a good (digital) press kit and send it around. Follow up on it a
few days after. Aim of this is to get free publicity in magazines and
websites.

Hang out in online music forums. Get the fellow (more amateur)
musicians into the music.

Get friends and people in their network to put Electro Spectre in
their sigs. Make them active fans.

Spend a thousand bucks on Google AdWords, pointing it at the place
where you can buy the CD.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL