e-pads and XLR connections

Enrique C EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 30 18:16:49 CET 2009

'barians,

Recently I grabbed an old Roland DDR300 soundmodule.Early 80's PCM sounds,
easily editable from alpha dial and the panel layout matches the MKS70
series wich I don't own, tho.

So I want to hook up a pad to trigger it. DDR300 comes with XLR inputs to
connect drum pads.
User's guide describes its XLR-female connexion as:

2 - Cold
1 - Gnd.
3 - Hot

(2 left hole; 3 middle center hole; 1 right hole)

Am I mistake, or this connection reverses the current standard uses of pin 2
and pin 3? (Maybe Dong you can confirm this)
I don't have any electronic pad for testing purpouses, do any XLR cable
connected to any current e-pad will work with the DDR30?

thanks guys for any help.