Keys are so uncool

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 12 23:39:08 CEST 2009

The Dong wrote:
> I would vote Pirate Party, particularly if there was a local candidate.
> I still don't like the name, it's like calling the BNP, the -KILL ALL
> THE WHITE ENGLISH PARTY-, hehe.

Interesting point about the name, Dong.

OTOH, the image of pirates really conjours up harmless friendly stereotypes,
ever since RLS and JMB fictionalised the concept. Plus, it's simple. If you need
any idea of just how desperate the need is to simplify a message, I can provide
no better example than the comments to the best performance I know of the
greatest symphony ever written (yeah, IMO... I found Mahler a bit germanic on
first listen, and the opratic stuff may be just too much for many, but, if you
can get into the musical language, it's like learning to fly...):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpWDQsNJ3k&feature=related

and, this is sublime, truly the greatest of its kind. And look at the comments.
This is the truth about human beings.

"Dumb all over, and maybe a little ugly on the side" - Zappa

"Pirate Party" it is? :)

Tony (HB)