drooooidddd apps

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Nov 12 19:33:58 CET 2009

> Looks very nice. As I havent got an Android based phone, I have no
> idea how good it is, but it is one of those things that all users
> has been wanting (as I see it anyway), but that no developer had yet
> to do well.

oh, i dunno, this is quite a common app on android so far. the idea
came from google summer of code competition 2007, i think ..

> Btw; I've got an Iphone 3GS with the mail today, but havent been
> home to unpack yet - any good apps to recommend anyone? I was
> recommended Layar, which is supposedly a sort of augmented reality
> type navigation tool, but havent seen it yet.

i think layar is amazing if you're in new york city, but here in the
boondocks its a bit  .. well .. its like having a travel guide for a
city you're not actually in.  but yeah, the camera as an input device
is getting lots of love.  android must-have apps?  "reddit is fun", of
course. :)  mine is an email, phone, and navigation device, in that
order .. don't really have much else on it.

for the iphone which is mostly a web-browser and games machine in our
household, i'm mostly having a lot of fun with Sun Vox lately, but it
does take a fair bit of time getting it all set up.

;
--
Jay Vaughan