listening to, drinking, and misc...

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri May 15 05:08:43 CEST 2009

On the edge of intellectual collapse, if I ever find out who convinced me
that I should get a PhD in Chinese History I'm going to punch them in the
nose.  I'm studying for finals and dying to get into my studio and make some
tunes - something I haven't been able to do for the past several years and
now I'm only a week or so away from getting some time this summer.

Listening to VNV Nation Future Perfekt.

I'm in a place right now where it is pretty awesome.

Also drinking what I'm calling a Stormfront, my take on the Dark and Stromy:

1oz Homemade Falernum

2oz Matusalem 15 year old rum

1 oz Cruzan Blackstrap Rum

Shaken with crushed ice and strained into a glass with ice cubes

Float 1 tablespoon of the Blackstrap on top and a single drop of Angastora
bitters (Fee Brothers is best!)

Last week a discussion cropped up on Analogue Heaven which the Admins
shutdown just as it was starting to become interesting.  I'll bring it up
here as there is a better and more tolerant audience.  What distinguishes
music from noise?  Where is the line and what does that line mean?

James R. Coplin