pedals/fx suggestions

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 12 01:40:07 CET 2009

The tone on the Malekko is absolutely wonderful.  Its actually a Bass
pedal, which I think Is why it works so well on a synth.  It adds dirt
and crunch without completely trashing out the sound and making
everything you run through it sound the same.

On the Delay side, Id like a longish delay (1 second would probably do
just fine) with feedback and some kind of filter/eq in the feed back
loop.  The Memory Lane has a tone control that, when you pump the feed
back to maximum, lets you create sweep from low to high frequencies in
the feedback.  the sound kind of degrades in the FB loop in a way
thats beautiful.  With no input but its own internal noise, you can
get into Forbidden Planet territory - its almost like an oscillator in
itself.

I think if I could find a multi-FX pedal that had good FX, was
programmable and had assignable real time controlls on the front (or
at least could run from MIDI) I could probably get by.

I love these pedals...but that may only be because I havnt ever played
better ones.

And so begins a new obsession...

Tony