well, I am going to Germany

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Mar 8 15:47:14 CET 2009

> Interesting: I think Cologne is great, especially the Gothic
> cathedral.

i really love that building, it is a fantastic place.  all the way at
the top you can count a lot of energy plants on the horizon, but its a
*lot* of stairs.

> What's typical of Cologne, though, is that all the other churches and
> the 'Altstadt' near the Rhine has been re-built after the war. That
> ancient look is fake.

hey, at least the fake was built by someone who'd, you know ..
actually probably grew up on the old, original, ruins.  was a lot of
work to rebuild it fake, or just so, either way .. they had their
reasons to recreate it.  tourism?  probably.  'conscientious
contribution to future generations in face of a tragedy', well then ..
pretty good art.  fake or otherwise.

;
--
Jay Vaughan