A new chapter...

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 6 10:52:42 CET 2009

The Dong skrev:
> How many times must I type this? :)
>
> Scotland has a tax on its whisky almost as high as UK fuel tax.
> I love particular single malts, but can rarely afford my favourites.
> Whisky is cheaper to buy almost anywhere outside the UK and its
> distribution of varieties is doubtlessly wider externally than
> internally, as exports do not fall victim to such heinous taxes.

No :)

I live in Sweden and we're up there competing against you in the
high-tax-on-alcohol league.
We're one of the most maltwhisky-loving countries and there's a massive
amount of different whiskys available at our "Systembolaget", around 700.

But...if you want some rare and unusual bottlings I still have to get
them from Scotland, like from http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/ and the
likes. The trouble with doing an import to Sweden makes me rather buy it
when I'm there or tell someone who's going there to buy it. But it's
been dramatically improved in the last five years so maybe I'm still
hung on how it used to be :)

/Micke

Who is longing for Ardbeg to release their "Supernova" this spring,
missed the member prerelease :(