A new chapter...

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 6 10:24:39 CET 2009

Martin Naef wrote:
> Mikael Hansson wrote:
>> Congratulations! Sounds like fun, it will be a little harder to pick up
>> some unusual whiskys though :)

How many times must I type this? :)

Scotland has a tax on its whisky almost as high as UK fuel tax.
I love particular single malts, but can rarely afford my favourites.
Whisky is cheaper to buy almost anywhere outside the UK and its
distribution of varieties is doubtlessly wider externally than
internally, as exports do not fall victim to such heinous taxes.

And to compound the frustrations, our health minister thinks chucking an
extra 30p per unit on the price of EVERY drink will stop (mostly youth)
drunkenness, failing to note that punishing a populous for a minority
problem does not help gain any popularity, indeed, I'd say its normally
illegal..

And regardless of what the media might portray via government
spokespeople, alcoholism is a minority problem. All these politicians
are such hypocrites, we can all see their red whisky noses after the
recess for lunch. Without the alcohol driving their madness, they'd
probably just sit in session quietly and just get on with it.

Nae, it is a proud Scot who can (afford to) out drink his colleague!!

;)