Yamaha ASIB1 for sale on Ebay

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 3 20:42:52 CET 2009

komatos schreef:

> If you think you might use it, get it.  $20-60 isn't that bad (sorry don't have pounds key on my keyboard and am not sure of current exchange rate).  Back when they were still manufactured, they were running $199-219 US brand new, so to me that price would be a steal (10%-40% of original price).

Well, eventually it went for £132, not including the £20 shipping, and
that was way over what I was prepared to pay for it.

However, I went googling a bit, and lo and behold, I managed to come up
with an German who's selling an ASIB1, 250 MB ZIP drive and two 250 MB
ZIP discs for €145 plus €9 shipping (to the Netherlands).

The PayPal payment has just been made, so if everything goes right,
within a couple of weeks (when I'll be in the Netherlands again) I
should have my grubby little hands on my first gear purchase in a very
long time. :)

Thanks, everybody, for all advice and opinions; they're greatly appreciated.

- Peter