Netbooks part 2

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 12 22:41:53 CEST 2009

> Ok, so I ordered a 10.1 inch aspire one netbook today.  Its got 1GB in
> it, but can be expanded to 2 with the right chip.

nice! :)

> So..now the next question is OS.

download this right now and run it on an SD card:  puredyne.goto10.org/

> I bougt it with XP as I would like to have the option for that should
> I need it.

leave it on there, boot a comfy OS from SD.

> I am leaning toward Ubuntu, but then I loose the
> possibility to run Evernote on it which is of primary importance to
> me.

still run it when you need to.  its a PC, no reason you can't use a
slick VM.

> Given that, I am seriosly considering the hackintosh route.  That
> would get me evernote and access to OSX apps (for what that is worth).

i find less and less interesting apps on OSX these days.  ;)

> Ideas? I havnt tried evernote under wine yet, so that coud be an
> option too.  Anyone here hackintoshing?

nope, already too many macs in our house.  all my non-Macs are pure
linux boxes.

i have a nicely-settled suite of SD cards for my aspire one, which i
considered upgrading to (i think) your model, recently.  you got the
fat-key one, right?  280 or 270 Atom?

i think i will wait for Ion to arrive and dominate, and anyway my
aspire one is still functioning really fine.  puredyne+netbook ==
instant linux music-making, btw.

;
--
Jay Vaughan